Saturday, June 2, 2007

Children's Advocates

Several months ago, I filled out an online questionnaire expressing my principled indifference to gay marriage. Then, the American Family Association provided a link for sending a message to the President expressing, what I foolishly thought would be, my opinion.

I wrote a brief paragraph, best summarized as a "people should mind their own business" theme and sent it along to the White House. AFA thanked me for my participation and sent an auto-reply with the text of my message. Lo and behold, my simple paragraph was sandwiched between two paragraphs urging a Constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. So, I was manipulated into throwing my name in with millions of AFA sheep bleating for Government meddling into the private lives of American citizens. I resent it.

I bet those liars at the AFA are getting a good belly laugh at my expense. That's a pretty rotten thing to do to a poor school bus driver. The bedrock of my success with kids is my credibility. They know down to the bones that I tell the truth (which they reciprocate by telling me the truth). Too bad I can't say the same thing about the AFA. Too bad we have serial liars claiming they stand up for children. I wonder how the children will reciprocate their lies?

No comments: